About Our Products
Here is some info about our products including product care, tips and recommendations for use!
All of our Pureheaven products are handcrafted in small batches by Elle. We use the finest, natural ingredients available to bring you the highest quality, handcrafted skincare. For you to get the most out of your products, we have a few pointers for product care:
- Store away from direct sunlight - even though our products are in colour glass/plastic containers, it’s still best use store them away from direct sunlight
- Store in a cooler place; preferably not in a room that has a direct heat source. If you live in a warmer climate, some of our products, such as Baby Butt, Healing Balm, and Coconut & Lime Lip Balm may benefit from being stored in the fridge! These products are not emulsified, which means they are prone to melting/changing form in hotter or humid climates. Storing them in the fridge will keep them from melting and perfect for use! If you live in a colder climate, some of our products stiffen up due to the percentage of natural butters in them, in this case, we recommend you either purchase the product in a jar if available (e.g. Healing Hands), or warm the bottle in your hands first (e.g. Goodness Me! Facial oil). Please do not heat up your products by method of microwaving or double-boiling, as this can compromise the active ingredients significantly.
- Store your soap in a way to allow it to dry out in between uses. This will help it to last longer and give you a better lather with each use. We have some wooden soap dishes available here which we recommend.
- While our emulsified products do contain a natural preservative to help with shelf stability, we still recommend you use your products within 12 months of opening. This is because these are natural products and their active ingredients work better when they’re fresher! Assuming that you use them in a regular routine, this won’t be a problem! With products you might change up with the season (e.g. a thicker night cream for winter, or body butter through the winter), we recommend that you use these up at the end of the season and start fresh for the next season. If you have kept some and it smells the same and visibly has no imperfections, it should still be fine to use, although the active ingredients may be less effective.
- Most of our products should last approximately 2 - 8 weeks for daily use, of course, this depends on your routine. For me, I use up cleanser and soap the quickest! My night cream lasts the longest as I sometimes switch this up with the weather or sub with facial oil.
We LOVE to see women practicing selfcare daily. That’s why we create our products at all!! If you’re new (or even if you’re not) here, here are some tips for getting the most out of our products when you use them:
- If you’re loving our Mud Cleanser, try leaving it for a few minutes to allow the fermented papaya to work some magic as a natural chemical exfoliant. Follow with another quick cleanse (you can do this by adding a bit more water and working in circles so you don’t use extra product). OR you can follow with the Green Tea & Wild Peach cleanser for an extra hit of antioxidants.
- Leaving our Body Scrub on can also be beneficial! These are packed with gorgeous, natural oils. If you leave the product on your skin for a few minutes, the oils will work to moisturise and nourish your skin! Work the body scrub around to exfoliate and rinse off. This will leave your skin feeling silky smooth and moisturised! 🥰
- Did you know, applying body lotion with warm hands on just damp skin (i.e. straight after you towel off after bathing) will enhance absorption of active ingredients and lock in moisture more effectively than apply to completely dry skin? Try it out with any of our body lotions! If you feel like you still want a little something extra, top it off with a body butter before bed (I do this for my hands and feet).
- Rosewater is extremely versatile! It can be used as a toner, in place of a moisturiser (occasionally, or if you have oily skin), it even works as a linen spray! Rosewater is a by-product of essential oil production, this means it has some of the goodness of the essential oil (including that glorious fragrance) and is ready to use!
- Our body wash can be used to add some bubbly goodness to a bath! Instead of purchasing a seperate product for a bubble bath, try adding a few pumps of your favourite Pureheaven Body Wash for a delightfully fragrant and somewhat bubbly bath!
- After a luxury pedi experience but don’t have our Feet Treat Pack (yet)? Use your body scrub and body butter! After soaking your feet, apply body scrub and scrub vigorously, rinse off, and massage in your favourite body butter or body lotion.
- Baby Body is ideal as a face cream for infants and children! Simply apply a small amount to a freshly washed face for soothing, nourishing goodness. *Note, Baby Body is not a suitable substitute for sunscreen.
- Essential oils are hugely popular now for around the home and general wellbeing, but make sure you never use them neat (without dilution)! There is the rare occasion that you can use them neat, like using one drop of tea tree oil as a spot treatment. However, general rule is, always dilute, here is a basic dilution guide (a more detailed guide can be located below):
- 0.5% dilution; 1 drop of essential oil to 10mL (approx. 2 teaspoons) of carrier oil+ - suitable for children and elderly
- 1% dilution; 3 drops of essential oil to 10mL of carrier oil - maximum suitable dosage for children and elderly
- 2% dilution; 6 drops of essential oil to 10mL of carrier oil - suitable for healthy adults*
- 3% dilution; 9 drops of essential oil for 10mL of carrier oil - suitable for healthy adults*
+ Carrier oil can be any kind of vegetable oil; olive, coconut, sweet almond, jojoba, macadamia oil etc. Please note dropping essential oils directly into water IS NOT considered dilution. Dilution must occur in another oil such as those listed above.
Detailed essential oil dilution guide:
Note; this is a guide only, intended for home use only. If you’re practising under the guidance of another health care professional or qualified aromatherapist, please continue to follow your individual instructions.
Volume of Carrier Oil
10mL (approx. 2 teaspoons)
15mL (approx. 3 teaspoons)
20mL (approx. 1 tablespoon)
50mL (approx. 2 tablespoons)
If you’re loving a product and not sure where to head next, we’ve got some recommendations for products that work well together, as well as how often you should use them. If you’re looking for any more recommendations, feel free to reach out on Pureheaven chat. We’d also love to hear from you if you’ve got recommendations of your own! We might even add it to our list! 😘
- Rosehip & Patchouli Day Cream + Rosehip & Patchouli Exfoliant:
Our Rosehip & Patchouli collection is AMAZING for dry or mature skin. The day cream is perfect for daily moisture and nourishment without leaving your skin feeling heavy, and it sits well under make up. The exfoliant is a cream based and still packed with goodness to slough off dead skin cells and invigorate your skin without drying it out.
Rosehip & Patchouli Day Cream: Smooth onto freshly washed face in the morning before applying makeup. May also be used at night if desired.
Rosehip & Patchouli Exfoliant: Apply about a pea sized amount to cleansed skin and work in circular motions around face and neck, rinse well and follow with toner and moisturiser. Use maximum of 3 times per week. Hot tip; use in your morning routine for a smooth make up application!
- Green Tea & Wild Peach + Goat’s Milk & Honey Cleansers:
Best of both worlds when using these two cleansers together! Gentle cleansing and soothing of goat’s milk and Manuka honey, then going in with an antioxidant punch from the green tea and wild peach! Also perfect to alternate between if you don’t want to use them together.
Goat’s Milk & Honey Cleanser: Apply 1-2 pumps to dampened face and neck, and work in circular motions. Suitable for morning and night use. Use this one first if using with Green Tea & Wild Peach Cleanser.
Green Tea & Wild Peach Cleanser: Apply 1-2 pumps to dampened face and neck, and work in circular motions. Suitable for morning and night use. Use this one second if using with Goat’s Milk & Honey Cleanser.
Mud Cleanser + Charcoal & Pink Clay Mud Mask:
LOVE us some time in the mud and these two are where its at! 😍 Featuring activated charcoal and Australian pastel pink clay, this duo works perfectly for a little DIY facial. Cleanse, exfoliate, hydrate, nourish, and invigorate in approximately 2 (and a half) steps!
Mud Cleanser: Apply about a pea sized amount to dampened face and neck and work in a circular motion. Leave for a couple of minutes (if this causes any discomfort, rinse immediately), this will allow the fermented papaya to work as a chemical exfoliant! Rinse well and follow with mud mask.
Mud Mask: Smooth a generous amount to freshly cleansed and exfoliated skin. Allow it to set for 5 - 15 minutes (5 minutes if you’re after rejuvenation and nourishment, 15 minutes if you’re after detoxing), rinse thoroughly, follow with toner and moisturiser.
- Goat’s Milk & Honey Soap + Baby Butt + Baby Body:
Baby’s skin usually only needs (very) light cleansing, and support and nourishment. This trio has your back! And baby’s back too. Our Goat’s Milk & Honey soap is purposely formulated with a high percentage of oils, this means it doesn’t lather as well as some soaps, but it is EXTREMELY gentle and still effective for cleansing the skin. Followed with Baby Body for nourishment, and Baby Butt for a barrier, and you’re set!
Goat’s Milk & Honey Soap: either hold under running water for bath to be slightly soapy (for 3+ months, before this, they probably don’t need any soap), OR, apply small amount to a well soaked wash cloth. This soap is also suitable to use for toddlers and children as a daily soap.
Baby Body: apply as much as necessary to baby’s body, as quickly as possible following a bath. Warm in your hands first, and massage in. Suitable for use on face as well.
Baby Butt: apply a generous amount to areas prone to nappy rash as often as necessary.
- Recovery & Protect + Rose & Kakadu Plum Eye Serum:
This combo is amazing for ramping up the moisture for those dry skin periods - especially a cold Stanthorpe winter! Recovery & Protect is from our Rosehip & Patchouli collection so it’s amazing for dry skin already, but I added a higher percentage of natural butters to make this one heavy duty! Rose & Kakadu Plum Eye Serum is perfect for the finer areas around the eyes (and mouth) with a massive hit of nourishing ingredients, antioxidants and vitamin C!
Rose & Kakadu Plum Eye Serum: Using your ring fingers, tap a small amount into areas around the eyes (and mouth if desired) after cleaning and toning. Follow with moisturiser, avoid the areas you’ve just applied the serum.
Recovery & Protect: Smooth a generous amount to freshly cleansed face and neck. Recommended as a night cream due to the thickness, but may be used as day cream if desired! If you’re wanting to wear make up over this one, expect to need to give it a little time to soak in!
- Comfort & Protect Day Cream + Balancing Recovery + Green Tea & Cucumber Eye Serum:
I love these three for daily use; versatile little trio that sees me through from Summer to Winter and anything in between! Green Tea & Cucumber Eye Serum is perfect for taming puffiness and soothing and cooling! Balancing Recovery is perfect for exactly that - restoring balance and enabling recovery! Enriched with vitamin E and lavender pure essential oil, to promote healing and balance. Comfort & Protect is ideal for a day cream to go under make up, and an extra boost of antioxidants.
Comfort & Protect: Smooth a pea sized amount into face and neck after cleansing and before applying make up.
Green Tea & Cucumber Eye Serum: Using your ring fingers, tap a small amount into the areas around the eyes (and mouth if desired) after cleansing and toning. Follow with a moisturiser, avoiding the areas you’ve just applied the serum.
Balancing Recovery: Smooth a generous amount to freshly cleansed face and neck. Warm in hands first to enhance the absorption of active ingredients. Recommended as a night cream to allow active ingredients to work while you sleep!
- Vanilla & Sandalwood Moisturiser + Vanilla & Sandalwood Exfoliant:
The Vanilla & Sandalwood products are a simple, no fuss formula. Nice and light, and perfect for moisturising and nourishment with a subtle, refreshing scent.
Vanilla & Sandalwood Moisturiser: Smooth into freshly cleanser face and neck with warm hands. Suitable for day or night use.
Vanilla & Sandalwood Exfoliant: Apply a pea sized amount to freshly cleansed, still damp skin, work in a circular motion over face and neck, rinse thoroughly and follow with toner and moisturiser. Use a maximum of 3 times per week to avoid drying out the skin.
- Shaving Cream + Calm Balm:
These products are popular for facial shaving, but can be used all over! And, they work best when used together! The Shaving Cream features avocado oil, and bentonite clay to exfoliate and nourish while you shave, this helps avoid ingrown hairs and enables a smooth, close shave. Calm Balm features Aloe Vera, vitamin E, and comfrey, to soothe, cool and take away any redness or irritation caused by shaving.
Shaving Cream: work into a lather with a brush and apply to slightly damp skin. Shave as normal, rinse off any remaining shaving cream thoroughly.
Calm Balm: smooth a generous amount to face and neck after shaving. May also be used as a daily moisturiser if desired, however active ingredients are most effective after shaving!
- How often to use exfoliants:
Facial: If you’ve read any of the other recommendations here, you’ll see a pattern for the facial exfoliants say ‘use maximum of 3 times per week’. Normally, I wouldn’t recommend more than this to avoid drying out the skin. If you have dry skin, exfoliate a maximum of twice per week! If you’re wanting to have smooth, glowing skin for an event or under make up, adding an extra exfoliation for that week isn’t going to hurt, but as a general guideline for normal routines, 2-3 times per week should suffice to maintain cell regeneration.
Body: For body scrubs, I wouldn’t recommend more than once per week. Besides it being one heck of an effort to exfoliate your entire body, it’s also not necessary. Typically, the skin cells that are exposed to the elements most frequently will need the most turnover (face, hands, arms, legs). I’d recommend using the body scrub as a treat yourself moment once a week, OR, as a pre-shaving treatment which is amazing for a smooth, close shave and avoiding ingrown hairs (1-2 times per week for this is fine), OR, as a foot scrub (1-2 times per week).
Adding Facial Oils to Routines; Goodness Me! + Antioxidant Oil:
Facial oils have become a big thing in the last few years, and besides being ‘trendy’, they can be super helpful in packing in moisture and nutrients! Sometimes having a facial oil AND a moisturiser (to use together) can be too much, particularly in humid climates, or warmer weather. However, using a facial oil is a good option in place of moisturiser for these climates too! Do you need a facial oil? Honestly, it’s mostly up to you, you can check out a skin type guide here if you want some more info. Basically though, if you prefer the oil to an emulsified product when moisturising, you can use an oil! I highly recommend them for warmer and humid climates, the oil soaks right in and doesn’t leave that heavy feeling that you sometimes get from night creams, especially when it’s hot! I also highly recommend facial oils for really dry or cold climates to use with your moisturiser. Through a Stanthorpe Winter, I double up - moisturiser + facial oil, and through the summer, I switch between just the oil or just my moisturiser. Facial oil also makes a gorgeous, glowy base for under make up! 😍
Antioxidant Oil: Add to your routine for an extra punch of antioxidants. Smooth 1-2 pumps around face and neck after cleansing and toning and before moisturising. Suitable for day or night use, and suitable to use instead of, or with a moisturiser if desire.
Goodness Me! Oil: Add to your routine for extra moisture and a hit of vitamin C. Smooth 3-6 drops over face and neck after cleansing and toning and before moisturising. Suitable for day or night use, and suitable to use instead of, or with a moisturiser.